CoPilot GPS brings quality easy-to-navigate offline maps, powerful route planning tools and local exploring to Windows Phone 8 devices such as Lumia 920, HTCâ€™s Windows Phone 8X and Samsungâ€™s Ativ S â€“ at no cost to the user. Detailed street maps and points of interest of an entire country are stored on the phone, allowing users to calculate routes and get driving or walking directions even when thereâ€™s no mobile network coverage.
“People depend on their phones for maps and guidance. Yet online mapping apps can be costly if used abroad and unreliable in places where there’s limited mobile internet coverageâ€, said David Quin, head of consumer applications at ALK Technologies.”CoPilot is designed for use offline, providing guidance even when there’s no mobile connection. It’s been incredibly popular on Android and iOS, and now we are delighted to extend this experience to Windows Phone 8 users too.”
The free CoPilot GPS app includes 14 days use of full voice-guided 3D car navigation features and CoPilot’s real-time traffic service, ActiveTrafficâ„¢. After 14 days users can continue to enjoy free and unlimited access to offline maps and route planning, or upgrade to unlimited turn-by-turn navigation via in-app purchase.
Free features in CoPilot GPS for Windows Phone 8 include:
- Premium quality street maps stored on your smartphone for offline use
- Millions of Points of Interest (POIs) built-in
- Powerful trip planning with a choice of 3 routes and drag-and-drop route editing
- Unique CoPilot itinerary optimiser to calculate the best way around multiple stops .
- Driving directions: manually scroll through the turns to your destination
- Walking mode to explore unfamiliar cities on foot.
- Comprehensive local search with integrated Yelp, Google, and Wikipedia.
- Global map regions available to purchase and store on your device for data-free roaming abroad
CoPilot GPS launched across iOS and Android platforms in April 2012 with over 4.5million app downloads in its first year.