Freeview, the UK’s biggest TV platform, today launched its mobile app for iOS devices. In just three taps, you can stream live shows from the BBC, ITV and Channel 4 and on-demand content from BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, My5, and UKTV Play whenever and wherever all for free.
Whether you’re looking to catch up with EastEnders on your commute, see what Piers Morgan is angry about on Good Morning Britain, or discover new shows such as Cleaning Up – the Freeview app has you covered. With thousands of hours of content available, the following features make it easy to find exactly what you’re looking for.
- What’s On – scroll through our visual guide showing you what’s on now and what’s coming up later.
- On-Demand Recommendations – browse our handpicked content recommendations and find binge-worthy shows such as Luther, Catastrophe, or Cold Feet. Choose from a carousel of 10 genres, such as Comedy, Drama, Kids, as well as a topical category such as the World Cup or Doctor Who.
- Search – the super-fast universal search function means you can easily find your favourite shows whether they’re live or on demand.
- Guide – plan both your live and on-demand viewing with the app’s 15 day TV guide. Scroll through the schedule from the previous week as well as the week ahead to find something to watch. You can read more about each programme, and set reminders too.
- Favourites – filter the TV guide according to the channels you watch the most.
The Freeview app is available to download from The App Store now. As with all Freeview products, it is free to use with no download fee and no subscription. An Android version will launch later in 2019.