Kanex AirBlue – Portable Bluetooth Music Receiver
The Kanex AirBlue Portable Music Receiver is a portable Bluetooth-based music receiver that simply enables you to wirelessly play, listen and control all your favorite media from your iPod touch, iPhone or MP3 player through your home stereo or speakers and many other devices with a 3.5mm auxiliary input or RL (red & white) audio inputs.
Opening the packaging is :
• The small and lightweight Kanex AirBlue Bluetooth Music Receiver
• USB to Mini-USB cable for charging
• 3.5mm to RL audio cable
• 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable
• Bluetooth Version: v2.1 with EDR system in 2.4GHz ISM band
• Transmission Distance: 33ft.
• Device Compatibility: Devices enabled with A2DP stereo Bluetooth
• Terminals: Combined TX/RX RF
• Processor: DSP Co-Processor – 16 & 32-bit run time
• Output dB: +4dBm with level control 13 dB
• Audio Codec: 16-bit stereo codec – 94dB SNR stereo DAC playback
• Battery: Internal rechargeable battery
• Working Hours: Up to 10 Hours
How does the Kanex AirBlue Bluetooth Music Receiver work?
Simply connect the receiver to your home stereo system with the included cables, and then pair your device to the AirBlue. Stream wirelessly to listen to, share, and control your music from up to 33 feet away. The AirBlue receiver uses Bluetooth v2.1 with EDR to provide you with high fidelity and premium sound.
Sound Quality and Performance
The sound quality is your typical quality using a Bluetooth connection which means it won’t give you the same quality as you would with direct cables however, I found that it was only the case when playing downloaded music but when playing via Tunein Radio app and Spotify, I was able to maintain good sound quality.
With the Bluetooth connection I found that it held a stable connection using it around my house without losing quality or creating any crackling and static noise. Interference was also minimal next to nothing which is very important when listening to music via a Bluetooth connection kit. It is also capable of working in the car although it doesn’t have built in microphone for making and receiving phone calls.
It is made to do one thing, and that one thing it does perfectly!
[flagallery gid=4 name="Airblue"]
Want to buy one?
The Kanex Airblue is available for $49 from the manufacturer’s website.