For those who can’t afford a new car with Apple carplay built in, there is still hope. The Mobile Home from Beanco Tech allows you to pair your Apple device to your car’s bluetooth system so that you won’t have to directly press and hold the home button again in order to use Siri.
With Apple’s latest update and the always on mode for Siri, you can still plug in your device to your in-car charger and use that, but even with that active, it is not seamlessly connected to the car.
The Mobile Home is about the size of Apple TV’s remove control, but chunkier with a clip for hooking it on to your car’s sun visor. It has a big button, similar to that seen on an iPhone and pressing this button will help you during the paring up process.
What you can do with Mobile Home
- Command Siri thru your car’s EXISTING microphone, hear responses through the car’s speakers (your car must have an existing bluetooth hands-free system)
- Send SMS using just your voice! Safe way to interact with the iPhone while driving
- Upgrade your legacy hands-free system with a powerful virtual assistant
- Hassle-free operation – iPhone stays in your pocket or bag while driving
- No wires to connect or apps to download – DIY setup in 1 minute
You will need to pair your iPhone to Mobile Home first, then pair it to your car, allowing you to be able to listen to Siri commands and interact with it using your car system (speakers). This nifty gadget makes it convenient to be able to run commands for sending messages, setting reminders, making notes, making phone calls and more, right at your finger tips. There is no longer the need to take your eyes off the road or be distracted trying to find or reach for your iPhone’s small home button anymore.
The Mobile Home is available to buy now from Amazon for around £60.