Samsung beats Apple to Stuff’s “Gadget of the Year Award”
Samsung has beaten the Apple iPhone 5 to win the Stuff’s Gadget of the Year award. The Samsung Galaxy S3 outshines its competitors to become the gadget of the year award according the vast amount of Stuff readers; the smart phone also won the smartphone of the year award and there is no doubt it was well deserved thanks to its innovative features such as SBeam, Smart Stay, Burst shot camera mode and many other features that makes it stand out above the likes of the Apple iPhone 5.
At the glamorous event at London Film Museum in Covent Garden, another award winner who stole Apple’s thunder in the tablet market is the Google Nexus 7; with the tablet of the year under Google and Asus’s belt they deserved the award when considering price, usability, functionality and Google’s Android Jelly Bean OS. With the release of the Apple iPad Mini, we hope Google will manage to keep hol dof the status.
Also had a chance to play with the Samsung Galaxy Camera, it is set to have so many features that will make it stand out among photographers with some of its features coming up very similar to that of a DSLR camera; some of the features includes sharp images, macro imaging mode to mimic that of a macro lens and with the addition of Android Jelly bean OS, you are able to access Google Play, download instagram and share your images directly, taking away the need to use two devices.
The Samsung Galaxy Camera is also light and surprisingly compact, it is also set to be prices at around just under £400.
Full list of all the winners at the event:
- Video Gadget of the Year – Humax DTR–T1000
- Tech Accessory of the Year – Synology DiskStation DS212j
- Smartphone App of the Year – Strava
- Tablet App of the Year – Sky Sports for iPad
- Cloud App of the Year – BBC.co.uk & iPlayer
- Home Gadget of the Year – British Gas Remote Heating Control
- Gadget of the Year – Samsung Galaxy S III
- Smartphone of the Year – Samsung Galaxy S III
- Tablet of the Year – Google Nexus 7
- Camera of the Year – Fujifilm Finepix X10
- TV of the Year – Sony KDL-46HX853
- Computer of the Year – Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display
- Audio Gadget of the Year – Philips Fidelio SoundSphere DS9800W/10
- Sat-nav of the Year – Google Maps Navigation
- Sports Gadget of the Year – Nike+ Training TR+1
- Tech Transport of the Year – Renault Twizy
Reader voted categories:
- Design of the Year – Google Nexus Q
- Game of the Year – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Innovation of the Year – Raspberry Pi
- Most Wanted Future Gadget of the Year – Google Project Glass
For further information on the Stuff Gadget Awards visit www.stuff.tv/win/awards-2012.