TomTom Completely Re-Designs The GPS Sport Watch
TomTom today launches a new range of GPS watches to deliver at-a-glance performance information for runners, cyclists and swimmers. The new, ultra-slim TomTom Runner and TomTom Multi-Sport GPS sport watches feature an extra-large display, full-screen graphical training tools and the industryâ€™s first one-button control to make it easier for users to access the information needed to stay motivated and achieve their goals.
â€œWe know that most GPS watches on the market are too bulky and complicated to use while training.â€ said Corinne Vigreux, managing director, TomTom Consumer.Â â€œJust as we developed easy-to-use navigation products that changed the way that people move from A to B, we have developed a range of ultra-slim GPS sport watches that are far more comfortable to wear and far easier to use.Â Runners and multi-sport athletes can now view their performance information at-a-glance, making it easier to achieve their fitness goals.â€
Extra Large, High-Resolution Display
The new TomTom watches feature an extra-large, high-resolution and high-contrast display that makes it easy for runners and multi-sport enthusiasts to quickly see their distance, time and pace while they workout even in bright sunshine.
Graphical Training Partner
The new watches feature TomTomâ€™s Graphical Training Partner. Easy-to-read full-screen graphics help users get the most out of their workouts.Â They can view their real-time performance at-a-glance with three graphical training modes:
- Race: Race against a personal best or most recent run. Quickly track performance with real-time graphics, to continue to improve run-after-run.
- Goal: Set a distance, time or calorie goal and see progress toward that goal with simple, full-screen graphics and alerts.
- Zone: Set a target for pace or heart-rate (with optional heart-rate monitor) and track progress in a simple full-screen graph throughout a workout.
The new TomTom range includes an intuitive One-Button Control that enables users to easily navigate up-down-left-right through menus to access key stats and watch features. Unlike the majority of existing GPS watches on the market that feature multiple small and hard-to-operate buttons, the one-button control is easy to operate while moving and can be easily controlled in all weather conditions and while wearing gloves.
In addition to their ability to deliver at-a-glance performance information, the TomTom Runner and TomTom Multi-Sport include advanced features that are designed to address the needs of runners and multi-sport enthusiasts alike:
- Ultra-Slim Design: At just 11.5mm, the slim design of the watch module, comfortably fits men and women, and all wrist sizes
- Indoor Tracker: Accurately track indoor runs using built-in sensors to count strides, so that users can monitor pace and distance even while running on a treadmill.
- QuickGPSFix: Get started faster by using the latest in GPS and GLONASS satellite technology to quickly find their precise location.
- Multi-Platform compatibility: Sync, analyse and share stats on popular running sites and community platforms, including the TomTom MySports website, MapMyFitness, RunKeeper, TrainingPeaks and MyFitnessPal
- Super-Tough Display: Scratch- and impact-resistant glass stays easy-to-read, workout after workout.
- Weather- and Waterproof: Waterproof up to 50 meters/5ATM
- Â Long-lasting battery: Up to 10-hour battery life (GPS Mode)
- BluetoothÂ® Smart: Connect to sensors using the latest wireless technology
- Heart Rate monitor*: Use the BluetoothÂ® Smart Heart Rate Monitor to track training zone for weight control, performance or speed
TomTom Multi-Sport includes all the features included in TomTom Runner, and also allows multi-sport athletes to track their distance, time, speed and other key metrics when they cycle or swim.Â The TomTom Multi-Sport is also enhanced with the following features and options:
- Dedicated Bike Mount: Easily see key stats at a glance with the specially-designed bike mount
- Cadence Sensor**:Â Track cadence, speed and distance, indoors and out.
- Built-in Altimeter***: Accurately track elevation, ascent, descent and grade with the built-in barometric altimeter
- Swimming Motion Sensor: Check detailed swim metrics such as laps, strokes, time and speed, and calculate a SWOLF score to show swim efficiency.
The TomTom Runner and TomTom Multi-Sport will be available in Summer 2013.Â More information can be found at www.tomtom.com/sports.
*Optional accessory with TomTom Runner and TomTom Multi-Sport
**Optional with TomTom Multi-Sport
***Not available in all products