Top Ten #Technews this afternoon 6th July 2012
- Amazon is working on a smartphone to compete with the iPhone and Android phones, Bloomberg reports. Amazon is working with Apple’s Chinese manufacturing partner to produce the phone.
- Yahoo has narrowed down its CEO search to two names: Ross Levinsohn, the company’s interim CEO, and Jason Kilar, the current CEO of Hulu.
- Twitter’s engineering manager says that the social network’s search and discovery is “set to change forever.”
- Working at RIM is even worse than you think. The company has cut summer vacations and is making employees work six days a week.
- Now that Apple has settled its trademark dispute over the iPad in China, rumor has it the company is planning to launch the new iPad in the country as soon as this month.
- It seems all but official that Apple will introduce a smaller iPad later this year. Here’s everything you need to know about the rumored iPad mini.
- The Kleiner-Perkins sex scandal just took another twist as the alleged victim’s husband’s hedge funds file for bankruptcy.
- In case you missed it: Here’s what it’s really like to be a programmer at Facebook.