TheÂ TopGear MagazineÂ iPad edition brings you up close and personal with the worldâ€™s most exciting cars allowing you to hear, see and interact with them in more high-definition, eye-popping detail than ever before.
The interactive magazine features more from the TopGear telly team (Clarkson, Hammond, May and the Stig), more of the incredible jaw-dropping imagery from TopGearâ€™s world-class team of photographers and more exclusive – and loud â€“HD videos. Itâ€™s basically TopGear, but with added everything. And donâ€™t forget that this is just the start. Every month the magazine will be packed with even more interactivity that puts you in the driving seat, so we hope youâ€™ll join us for what promises to be an amazing ride. Readers can now decide how they want to experienceÂ TopGear MagazineÂ with the key features including:
- HD videos â€“ stunning video of our world-exclusive feature
- HD galleries â€“ experience your favourite supercar from every angle, with extra images
- Interactive content wheel â€“ navigate to the latest news, hottest car reviews and the TopGear Garage
- Facebook and Twitter â€“ join live-populating feeds to interact with other readers
- Entertainment â€“ fire up the engines of our cover stars by tapping them on-screen
- Secret Content â€“ tap to reveal additional content within features
- Exclusive offers â€“ digital promotions only available on iPad
- Buyersâ€™ guide â€“ read all the essentials for every new car available
Charlie Turner, Editor-in-Chief, TopGear Magazine said; â€œThe launch of the fully interactive edition ofÂ TopGear MagazineÂ on Newsstand is a huge milestone in the TopGear journey. Rammed full of exciting interactive content, our iPad edition also features exclusive HD videos, spine-tingling noise and even more stunning imagery from the worldâ€™s greatest photographers. Included as standard is some of the industryâ€™s most evocative writing, and even more from those stalwarts of TGTV, Clarkson, Hammond, May and the Stigâ€¦. Though the Stig remains generally uncommunicative. TopGear Magazine really does put the reader in the driving seat. To quote a certain J.Clarkson, it’s time to feel the…. Poweeeeeer!â€
Simon Carrington, Publisher,Â TopGear MagazineÂ added; â€œWe are delighted to have finally arrived on iPad and Newsstand with a product that we believe fully maximises the technology. We know that the TopGear audience is used to seeing and hearing cars and itâ€™s great to be able to provide video content that is on a par with their expectations. In the current media climate itâ€™s important that TopGear can provide existing and new readers the chance to access the fantastic content that TopGear magazine generates every month.â€
The app was developed by Engine Creative for Immediate Media Company, who publishÂ TopGear MagazineÂ under contract from BBC Worldwide.
TheÂ TopGear MagazineÂ App is available for free from Newsstand on iPad or atÂ www.itunes.com/appstore. Six-month (Â£14.99) and 12-month (Â£24.99) subscriptions are available via In-App Purchase, and individual issues are available for Â£2.99.