What Blackberry could do to win us back [opinion]
Blackberry hasn’t been welcomed with warm, open arms as of late due to various issues. They have had bad press in product design, software, lack of apps and even the famous BBM was threatened with the likes of iMessage on iOS and apps like whatsapp, pingchat etc.
It has taken Blackberry a very long time to get where they are and lead the market for a while, and no doubt it was very focused at enterprise and businesses to begin with before they reached out with entry level devices to attract consumers however it has deemed very insufficient has they continue to release handsets that doesn’t have much improvements or differences. Most of the Blackberry devices will perform the same functions and it seems no matter how faster the processors are, handsets still face freezing issues, slow loading times and the Market still lacks consumer apps with small numbers of developers designing apps for the Blackberry OS platform.
After so many years, it’s time for Blackberry to pull their finger out, some thngs they could do are:
- Improve designs
- Have distinct differences between models
- Stick to what they do best, namely BIS and BES
- If they will target consumers, produce products that will withstand consumer use, so if younger generations were to own it, the track-pad must be durable and ergonomic for daily use
- The market store needs to be ready to compete with it’s competitors
- Acknowledge that without BBM on or complete package on their Tablet, it will not succeed
- Customer service needs to be priority; that is a must especially when looking back to how they dealt with the server outage.
- Continue to study the market and not bury their heads in sand whilst depending on one or two USP for years.
- User feedback must be a priority to continue to keep product relevant to users.
Having mentioned all the above, Blackberry is far from over, and dedicated users who find it as a vital tool of running their day to day life will agree and we can hope for nothing but better from Blackberry.
What are your thoughts? what can Blackberry do different to win back their lost users?