iRobot launches Roomba 600 Series Globally
iRobot Corp. (NASDAQ: IRBT), a leader in deliveringrobotic technology-based solutions, today announced the UK availability of the new Roomba® 600 Series vacuum cleaning robots. The Roomba 600 robots include the most up-to-date cleaning performance, incorporating optimised airflow and an improved brush design for a more thorough and effective cleaning experience. iRobot is launching the Roomba 600 robots globally.
“iRobot has sold more than 8 million home robots worldwide, by focusing on cleaning performance and innovation across the company’s portfolio of dry and wet floorcare robots,” said Jeff Beck, Chief Operating Officer of iRobot Corporation. “Our global customers want high quality products with state-of-the-art technology, so we are always looking for ways to meet their satisfaction. The Roomba 600 series is the result of combining innovative research and customer feedback in our development process.”
The release of the new entry-level Roomba 600 Series robots, which complement the top-of-the-line 700 Series robots, underscores the growing global acceptance of and demand for practical robots, particularly for performing automated home maintenance tasks.
The iRobot Roomba 600 Series: A simple cleaning experience from beginning to end.
Roomba uses a patented three-stage cleaning system to vacuum carpets, tile, laminate and hardwood floors. Aerovac™ Technology and a new brush design maximise cleaning results, with less hair remaining tangled on bristles and a more evenly filled bin. Roomba 600 Series robots are designed to more effectively handle hair, pet fur, lint, carpet fuzz and other fibres than previous generation robots.
- Aerovac Technology optimises airflow so the bin fills evenly and needs to be emptied less often.
- The improved brush design and optimised airflow remove more hair from Roomba’s brushes, providing more thorough cleaning and reduced maintenance.
- The 600 Series has new styling with a splash of colour.
Additional Roomba 600 Series features:
- Onboard schedulingallows you to preset up to seven times per week for Roomba to clean when it’s most convenient for you. (Model 650 and higher.)
- Using iAdapt® Responsive Cleaning Technology, iRobot’s advanced proprietary system of software and sensors, Roomba vacuums every section of your floor multiple times for a comprehensive clean.
- With Dirt Detect™, Roomba uses an acoustic sensor to help find dirtier areas and spends more time cleaning them.
- Roomba automatically docks and recharges on its Home Base® when it finishes vacuuming or when the battery is running low.
- A Virtual Wall® can be used to create an invisible barrier that Roomba won’t cross, keeping the robot in the rooms you want to clean and out of the ones you don’t.
iRobot Roomba 600 Series vacuum cleaning robots will be available from £299 at national retailers including John Lewis and Lakeland and at independent retailers via www.irobot.com/uk and from select retailers. To check global availability, visit the iRobot website at http://global.irobot.com.