Sennheiser PMX 680i Sport Headphones Review
:The PMX 680i Sports headphones are light and comfortable to wear, with a secure fit for a prolonged use. the sound quality was more than expected of a device so simplistic. For around £50 you couldn't ask more of the Sennheiser PMX 680i at that price point.
:No noise cancellation.
The Sennheiser/adidas PMX 680i Sports headset are not only lightweight and sturdy, but also stays extremely secure in your ears while you run or work out in the gym.
[flagallery gid=16 name="Sennheiser PMX 680i "]
With so many headphones on the market, it can be difficult to pick the right one. They vary in prices, sizes and design and it is very important to pick one that is comfortable for whatever your need is, durable so you don’t have to buy one every couple of months and if you will use it with your iPhone or iPod touch you need one that is compatible with the controls so it’s easy to switch tracks whilst in use.
The Sennheiser PMX 680i is all round winner for anyone who is into their sports or keeping fit running or even on the treadmill. the regular headphones that comes with the iPhone will simply fall off whilst running or when you get sweaty it becomes irritating; the Sennheiser PMX 680i has a good price tag, good design and very comfortable that it’s suitable for prolonged use.
What’s in the box
- 1 pair of PMX 680i Sports headset
- 1 pair of foam ear pads
- 1 cable clip
- 1 storage pouch
- 1 instruction manual
- High performance rugged stereo neckband headset for sports
- Sweat- and water-resistant: ideal for sports
- Ergonomic neckband: secure and comfort fit during workouts
- High-output drivers: energizing sound
- Integrated remote and mic: Enhanced usability
- Acoustically more open – blocks less outside noise and lets you be more aware of your immediate environment (more recommended for outdoor use)
- Dupont™ Kevlar® reinforced cable: superior strength and reliability
- Practical accessories like cable clip and storage pouch included in the delivery
- Optimised for miCoach, MP3, CD players and AV systems installed in gyms
- The remote and microphone are supported by iPod touch (2nd and 3rd generation), iPod classic, iPod nano (4th and 5th generation), iPod shuffle (3rd generation), iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad and Macbook, Macbook Pro and Mac Pro (2009 and later). Voice Control is supported by the latest iPod touch, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS. (iPhone, iPod, iPod classic, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc.)
- 2 year warranty
The Sennheiser PMX 680i has a very simplistic look with nice mix of black and bright yellow color; I can imagine the bright colors would come in handy for running late nights to help stay visible and safe whilst running. First impression is that it has a cheap bendy plastic all over it and first concern is comfort, durability and sound quality because it is also waterproof, however after using the Sennheiser PMX 680i, the materials use provides comfort, very durable and especially whilst running it held sturdy just over the ears; you will also realize it is made that way to keep it as light as possible, there would be no point using it for sports if it will be a burden. The ear buds included helps keeps the plastic end at bay. The cable is also of perfect length and it doesn’t get in the way whilst running.
Using the Sennheiser PMX 680i Sport Headphones and Sound quality
It is fairly easy to assemble the ear buds, and using it is a joy. The sound quality is also really good when compared to other expensive headphones of it’s kind on the market. The Bass end of tracks used during test were very boomy and then you reach the treble zones, it sounds very bright. the only thing I would have expected from such a device is perhaps some sort of noise reduction for when you are running in busy area. The buttons on the control is very easy to follow and can be controlled easily without having to look at what you are pressing. The control will play, increase/decrease volume, skip and go back to previous track and with the arrival of Siri on the iPhone 4S, you can use it to control Siri by sending messages, reading you messages etc.
The PMX 680i Sports headphones are light and comfortable to wear, with a secure fit for a prolonged use. the sound quality was more than expected of a device so simplistic. For around £50 you couldn’t ask more of the Sennheiser PMX 680i at that price point.