If you are traveling through London Waterloo station from now until Friday the 13th of February 2015 (just in time for Valentine’s day), you have the opportunity to customise your very own ŠKODA Fabia to reflect their individual personality.
Using the iPads available, you get to select the colour of your choice; you can customise the roof colour, body colour and even the wheels to match. Once you have selected your ŠKODA Fabia design, you can take a sit in front of the green screen, watch and pose for the high-quality Canon camera whilst the computer personalises your Fabia on the wide Motion@Waterloo digital screen.
Whilst sat in the Skoda Fabia seat, you get to feel the process also, thanks to the powerful speakers installed to give you the full immersive experience. This is certainly a new way and the first of its kind in UK media, using augmented reality to help customers experience a product in a fun and engaging way. Oculus Rift was used in the past by Audi and Peugeot, however using a VR headset is not as quick and engaging as sitting down in an open space, to experience a product.
You can chose from the 14 colour options, three colour concepts and five interior combinations and a total of nearly 100 ŠKODA Fabia designs to choose from.
Partnering with MediaCom, one of the world’s leading media agencies, and global out-of-home advertising specialists, JCDecaux, ŠKODA’s unique, experiential event will use cutting edge technology to project every individual Fabia design onto the country’s largest advertising screen.
The 18-model Fabia range arrives at ŠKODA retailers across the UK on 30 January with prices starting from just £10,600 OTR. The Fabia includes a DAB digital radio, Bluetooth, folding bag hooks and flexible storage in the boot, storage pockets on the inside edges of the front seats and front and rear door bottle holders, as well as the optional Simply Clever Pack that includes multimedia holder, rubbish bin in the door pocket and a net programme for the boot. The new ŠKODA Fabia is the first ŠKODA ever to feature MirrorLink™ and SmartGate technology, connecting the smartphone to the vehicle.
Other features includes:
- Six airbags as standard
- Height and reach adjustable steering wheel
- Storage compartments under the front seats
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- DAB digital radio
- SE models (from £12,760 OTR) includeFront Assistant with integrated City Emergency Braking Function, a three-spoke leather steering wheel, height adjustable driver and passenger seat, Maxi-DOT trip computer, Arkamys surround sound package and Bolero radio with telephone control,MirrorLink™, USB and SD card connections.
- Range-topping Elegance models (from £13,610 OTR) add even more features including 16-inch alloy wheels, climate control air-conditioning, Light Assistant, cruise control and KESSY GO keyless engine start and stop system.
If you fancy trying out the experience, look out for the ŠKODA Fabia stand at London Waterloo Station from 6am – 9pm, 9 – 13 February 2015.